Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Just another day...ho hum

Not a lot of action on this blog. Because there's not a lot of action going on in my life. I could go on and on about that, but I'll spare you.

I have certain friends, that I hardly EVER talk to. Yet, these friends know me so well, it's almost like we are connected on some weird supernatural esp level. They sense when there's trouble with me and don't hesitate to make sure I know that I am loved. I am so lucky to have friends like this! I am blessed beyond words. Just simply stunned at how undeserving I am, yet.....there they are. Lifting me up.

I'm not in a super great place. I'm dealing with stuff right now. More than the usual stuff. It's hard. I've been strong for WAY too long, and I'm breaking. It's tough when you realize how fragile you really are.

I want a vacation so badly. I know it wouldn't solve my problems, but it sure would help just to get away from everything for a bit. Chores and work and kids and my husband and errands and 5 thousand appointments a week and feeling inadequate in dealing with everything I'm expected to do on a daily basis....I've just had enough. I'm saving my pennies. Even if I have to go alone, I'm going. Somewhere. A proper vacation. A week on a beach. THAT....is a vacation.

The kids have a week off of school coming up. I wonder how many families are going to be annoyed at trying to find day care during that week and how many are going to take advantage and go somewhere. We talked about going to Minneapolis for a long weekend.

Anyone doing anything REALLY exciting?

2 comments:

Carin said...

You know we still haven't had our New Orleans trip and I am ready for one too. Maybe we should just vanish together for a bit.

Thanks for the note the other day too. I really appreciate it more than you know!

Charlotte said...

Oh how I would love that! New Orleans would have been great. Think of all the beads we could have gotten ;) one day I'm gonna make it happen!!